Monday, April 5, 2010

Java Jazz Cafe, Tagaytay



I spotted a nice little quaint coffee shop nearby which I wanted to try out.  It was called JAVA JAZZ CAFE owned by Red and Lisa Raymundo. It is a unique cafe just beside T HOUSE. I found out that the owner, Red Raymundo, is an artist, graphic designer and a photographer too like me! 



I liked the interiors of the place----- it was simply decorated but what draws the eye is the showcase of paintings ( mostly done in oil ) from local artists while lines its walls ...  The roof slants so that the tables on the low end of the rood short squat feet and are set on mats where guests can enjoy their coffee and desserts Japanese style. There are regular cafe tables and chairs at the other end of the room and even out front for those who want to have their coffee al fresco.

Java Jazz has a mini gallery inside their coffee shop called SINING SA SAHIG ( Art on the Floor )... look at my photos of the interiors below and you will know why it is called that way....
according to Red --- Java Jazz is a popular hangout of Cavite artists where they exhibit their artworks ( you can also buy these artworks ). They opened their coffee shop in 2004. The name of the shop comes from the fondness of the couple for Java or brewed coffee while enjoying jazz music. They usually hold art exhibits every month--- and the proceeds of these exhibits are donated to various charitable institutions.


Cris and I tried out their TSOKOLATE- EH ( really thick and creamy ) --- with toasted mamon on the side ,


Iggy had his KAPENG-PINOY -- which is their house blend coffee.

I think Java Jazz has its own charm.... it is not your typical Starbucks or Seattles Best which is packed with people. It is a very nice place to pass the time and enjoy a warm cup of coffee while soaking up the cool Tagaytay air. Truly, Tagaytay and coffee blend perfectly. One of my resolutions this year is to find more coffee shops in the area to add to add to my list. YOU can be sure you will be hearing from me on this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Iggy Bilbao's Profile|Create Your Badge
Iggy Bilbao's Facebook profile